SAINT SAVIOUR’S CHURCH ON LOWER DOMINICK STREET IN DUBLIN
How things have changed in Ireland – it is a bit disappointing to see notices advising that cash is not kept in the church.
The Dominican Priory of St. Saviour’s in Dublin was first founded in 1224 on the site today occupied by the Four Courts. The present church was designed by J.J. McCarthy and opened in 1862. The Dominicans have been at the centre of Catholic life in the capital since then. Today the church is a parish church for the surrounding area, and St. Saviour’s is also the House of Studies for the Irish Dominican Province.